Daniel J. Lewis
An Internet entrepreneur, award-winning podcaster and podcast consultant
Which kinds of podcasts drive the most traffic, which categories are more popular than others?
How to get more reviews on iTunes and Stitcher? Which other platforms other than iTunes and Stitcher the podcasters should use to distribute through?
Daniel J. Lewis is an Internet entrepreneur, award-winning podcaster and podcast consultant
As an award-winning podcaster, Daniel J. Lewis helps others launch and improve their own podcasts for sharing their passions and succeeding in business. Daniel designs websites; offers one-on-one consulting; speaks on technology, social media, and theology; and Daniel hosts a network of award-nominated shows covering how to podcast and use Audacity, clean-comedy, and the #1 unofficial podcasts for ABC’s hit dramas Once Upon a Time and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.
I host Internet radio shows (podcasts)
A podcast is like a radio show, but you can download or stream it through the Internet and listen to it whenever and wherever you want. I personally host four popular podcasts on the Noodle.mx Network:
- a clean-comedy podcast,
- a “how-to” podcast about podcasting and using Audacity,
- Movie reviews with critical thinking for Christians(currently on hiatus), and
- a Once Upon a Timepodcast.
Please subscribe to my podcasts and send your feedback!
I discovered the world of podcasting back in 2004, and have truly loved it. I am not one hundred percent sure, but I believe I was probably one of the first hundred podcasters on the planet. Recently while at a Social Media event in Las Vegas someone addressed me as a podcasting pioneer. While it was meant as a compliment, it made me laugh deep down inside. I don’t think I qualify as a pioneer at anything.
Podcasting has been very good to me. Due to podcasting my business is stronger, my friends have increased, and my life in general is better. I know those statements may sound crazy, but they are 100% true. Podcasting has defiantly changed my life for the better.
As you may know, I publish a magazine for the sport of Fastpitch Softball. I have been publishing The Fastpitch Softball Magazine for eighteen months now. The feedback has been fantastic.
Since there is not a magazine for podcasting at this time, I decided to start a podcast magazine. I have down all the basics of publishing an online magazine so why not give it a try.
The name of my podcast magazine is Podertainment. In case you are wondering, you take the words pod, and entertainment. Then you put them together to form the word Podertainment. You can find more information at http://Podertainment.com
I speak at conferences
WordPress, web design, podcasting, social media, and Christian apologetics and theology are my favorite topics to share for an audience. Here are some of my most recent speaking engagements:
- PodCamp Cleveland,
- PodCamp Ohio,
- Answers in Genesis’ Creation College,
- WordCamp Louisville,
- New Media Cincinnati,
- PodCamp Cincinnati, and
I design podcast cover art
Podcasts need great cover art, and I specialize in high-quality, custom podcast cover art design. Here are some of my favorites.
I design websites
I’m a full-time, freelance web designer for hire. I employ the latest technologies of CSS3 and provide the option of a mobile-friendly website. But my designs also work in older browsers. I prefer WordPress.
- What’s your background before the internet and podcasting world?
- How did you start in the podcasting world? I heard some rumors saying that you are one of the first 100 podcasters ever on the planet?
- Is podcasting is more of a marketing tool or a money making machine?
- What’s the noodle mix network, noodle.mx?
- How many podcasts you host now, tell us more about them and which one is the most successful one and why?
- What’s my podcast reviews and how it works?
- How to get more reviews on iTunes and Stitcher?
- Which other platforms other than iTunes and Stitcher the podcasters should use to distribute through?
- How to rank on new and noteworthy efficiently on iTunes?
- Which kinds of podcasts drive the most traffic, which categories are more popular than others?
- How to monetize a podcast in the current noisy podcasting world?
- Which ads companies do you recommend to monetize a podcast and at which point of monthly downloads a podcaster should consider contacting such companies?
- How to title a podcast properly, better to use a number for it or just a name, better to use the guest name first or the topic title?
- How important to Encode your files?
- Top 3 podcast hosting services?
- What do you think of wp engine hosting for wordpress sites?
- Best podcasting tools?
- Who’s running the podcastawards.com and how to participate in it?
- How did you start designing websites?
- How much do you charge for 1 on 1 consulting? And how it works?
- The best WordPress plugins for blogging or podcasting?
- How do you blog effectively?
- Tell us more about your other projects that you are currently working on or planning for the future?
- Share with us some of the tools or software that make you more efficient?
- What’s your daily life and work routine looks like?
- Which company, product or service made you most of your money?
- What’s one marketing strategy that helped you the most in developing your business?
- What are your other hobbies?
- Who are your top 3 mentors?
- The most important factors for success in 3 words?
- What’s the biggest failure moment in your life and what did you learn from it?
- What are the Top 3 apps that you use on your smart phone?
- What are the habits that you are trying to develop to stay efficient?
- What do you do to change your mood when you are depressed?
- What’s the best advice that you ever received?
- If you have the chance, what would you say to advice your younger self?
- What are your top 3 favorite books?
- What are the top 3 people that you are inspired by?
- What makes you really happy?
- Do you have any notes or suggestions to improve Be Efficient Tv?
- How people can contact you?